Hi Gary,

I too am a Californian and we'll have to see what happens in the Golden
State. That said, once your data leaves the state, you are at the mercy
of the carrier. ARSC, for example, is not based in California. AFIK, the
only way to have some control over your data is to go total VPN. What I
mean by "total VPN" is to have your data encrypted from your device all
the way to your VPN host. That gets expensive because, besides the
monthly cost of a VPN service, you will need the latest model VPN router
that will run the encryption software from the host you use. Not all VPN
hosts offer this level of service.  Once your data has left the VPN
servers, it can be mined (no longer encrypted). The only difference is
that the data miners will not know where it came from.

Meanwhile, for an example, several countries have satellites in outer
space that can clearly read the license plate of your vehicle. This and
many other scenarios are what I meant by "there is no longer any such
thing as living off the grid."

Data mining is a real sore spot with me and this is, most likely, not
the forum for this kind of rant. So, if you would like to continue
off-list, I'm interested!

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering