Boards do not make noise. It might be a compoment on the board. Your service person should be able to trace it!

OR see the machines on ebay, the one for $149 has a motor problem, probably has a board that works…
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teac-A-2340SX-4-CHANNEL-SIMUL-SYNC-STEREO-REEL-TO-REEL-TAPE-DECK-/253887977500>
2 hours left, no bids yet!
$149 is about one hour’s worth of a tech’s time!.
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689