From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of CJB <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 8:24:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Internet Archive Search Results

Recently we've been using the Internet Archive to search for 'lost' or
rare radio recordings. We have now discovered that the BBC, VOA, and
numerous other radio stations have uploaded thousands if not millions
of recordings which are 'padlocked' that are unavailable for
downloading.

After a key word search results are displayed as audio wave files
implying that they are available to listen to. However these are
always 'locked' from both playing and downloading.

This situation has become a major irritant in that search results are
now being swamped by these unavailable listings and in fact - for us -
are rendering Archive.org completely unusable.

Does anyone know what's going on? And better how to filter out these
unavailable listings?

C.J.Brady