Hi Allison,
We (ISU Special Collections) purchased a Ripstation
<http://www.mfdigital.com/ripstation.html> for our optical media
collection. So far so good!  It comes with 4 drives, and a robotic arm that
allows for automated disc ripping.
So, you set up your project according to your needs, stack up to 400 discs,
and walk away. Ripsattion will log any errors, and keep all original
metadata intact. I think it's a very handy tool,  and well worth the price
if you have a medium to large optical media collection.
Hope this helps!
Rosie Rowe