I encountered this problem when transferring some acoustic records. My
approach was to search the title to find out how the piece was
originally written in terms of musical pitch and go from there. I
adjusted the turntable speed to find the right pitch as I wanted to
avoid the digital domain for pitch if at all possible. I also had the
benefit of my son's great sense of pitch since he's a classically
trained musician.

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering