Hi Tim,

It's hard to recommend a solution without visually assessing the
problem. For polyester base tapes that have layer-to-layer adhesion, I
usually have to bake them at a lowered temperature (118° F. or less) for
6 to 8 hours and then I will check the tape again. For paper backed
tape, baking may not work. Is there an unrecorded section that you could
use for testing?  For me, baking audio tape is reserved as a last
resort. Layer-to-layer adhesion is the one exception.

Cheers!

Corey

Corey Bailey Audio Engineering
www.baileyzone.net