On 10/2/2018 12:44 PM, carl stephen Koto wrote:
> Give Willy Hermann a shout.
> He’s the Nak guy here on the left coast and he should be able to give you a
> lead on getting a manual or info on what you need.
>
> http://willyhermannservices.com/index.html

Chris is in the UK, not the USA.

Some info that might help him: the azimuth adjustment on Naks is usually
a plastic wheel right next to the playback head, usually on the
right-hand side as you look at it. The way to adjust for proper azimuth
is to listen to the playback in MONO (left and right channels combined)
and tweak the azimuth wheel with a small non-magnetic screwdriver for
maximum audible treble. Sometimes this is easiest with the Dolby turned off.

Peace,
Paul

PS -- to do this on most Naks you'll need to take the door off.

> Steve Koto
>

> On October 2, 2018 at 7:23:34 AM, CJB ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
> Hello -
>
> I am starting a rather large project of digitising cassettes of rare
> (i.e. 'lost') off-air recordings of Beeb programmes.
>
> I need the very best quality digitisations.
>
> I have just purchased a second-hand but in good condition DR 10
> machine, with pressure pad lift-away.
>
> I now need to learn the finer arts of azimuth adjustment and calibration
> ec.
>
> However it didn't come with any User Manuals. I have searched the web
> and there are no English versions around.
>
> Please can someone tell me how or where to obtain one.
>
> Thank you -
>
> Chris B.

---