The October issue of Black Grooves, hosted by the IU Archives of African American Music and Culture<https://aaamc.indiana.edu/>, is now available at www.blackgrooves.org<http://www.blackgrooves.org>.

This month we're rolling out a new and improved website and mobile version of Black Grooves - feedback welcome!

Our featured releases include soulful songstress Macy Gray's new album Ruby<http://blackgrooves.org/macy-gray-ruby/>, the Prince acoustic compilation Piano & a Microphone 1983<http://blackgrooves.org/prince-piano-a-microphone-1983/>, and avant-garde artist Lonnie Holley's third release, MITH<http://blackgrooves.org/lonnie-holley-mith/>.

Jazz releases include mezzo soprano Alicia Hall Moran's genre blending classical/jazz project Here Today<http://blackgrooves.org/alicia-hall-moran-here-today/>, Judith Lorick's Second Time Around<http://blackgrooves.org/judith-lorick-the-second-time-around/> with the Eric Reed Trio, drummer Tosin Aribisala's ┴frÝkÓ Rising<http://blackgrooves.org/tosin-aribisala-afrika-rising/>, and two Grant Green compilations from Resonance Records-Slick! Live at Oil Can Harry's and <http://blackgrooves.org/grant-green-live-times-three/> Funk in France: From Paris to Antibes 1969-1970.

For this month's gospel music selections were looking in our own backyard with releases from two Indianapolis-based artists-Judah Band's sophomore album Gone Fishin'<http://blackgrooves.org/judah-band-gone-fishin/> and Tyscot Records' own Bishop Leonard Scott's praise and worship album Jesus Love Legacy<http://blackgrooves.org/bishop-leonard-scott-jesus-love-legacy/>. R&B/soul releases include Unstoppable<http://blackgrooves.org/candi-staton-unstoppable/> by Candy Staton and Free Me<http://blackgrooves.org/j-p-bimeni-the-black-belts-free-me/> from Burundian soul singer J.P. Bimeni & The Black Belts.

Albums with a Caribbean tie include legendary reggae group Black Uhuru's new release As the World Turns<http://blackgrooves.org/black-uhuru-as-the-world-turns/>, the collaboration of reggae musician Winston McAnuff and French accordionist Fixi on Big Brothers<http://blackgrooves.org/winston-mcanuff-fixi-big-brothers/>, French-Guadeloupian trio Delgres' debut album Mo Jodi<http://blackgrooves.org/delgres-mo-jodi/>, Snarky Puppy spin-off group BokantÚ with the Metropole Orkest on What Heat <http://blackgrooves.org/bokante-what-heat/> (featuring Guadeloupian vocalist Malika Tirolien), plus BokantÚ member and lap/pedal steel guitarist Roosevelt Collier's 'dirty funk' solo debut Exit 16<http://blackgrooves.org/roosevelt-collier-exit-16/>.

Wrapping up this issue is the Screamin' Jay Hawkins compilation, Are YOU one of Jay's Kids? - The Complete Bizzare Sessions 1990-1994<http://blackgrooves.org/screamin-jay-hawkins-are-you-one-of-jays-kids/>, and our list of September 2018 Black Music Releases of Note<http://blackgrooves.org/september-2018-black-music-releases-of-note/>.

**Now seeking volunteer reviewers for the November and December issues - please email me personally for details.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
Editor, Black Grooves
Archives of African American Music & Culture
Indiana University
2805 E. 10th Street, Suite 180
Bloomington, IN 47408
www.blackgrooves.org