I think you have a few issues. The cassettes you are working on seem to be
on the lower end of the spectrum depositing dirt on the heads, more than
what cleaning at the end of each side, or cassette is enough. You might
want to clean the heads more times during play with an overlap in the
audio, and edit the recordings when done. Azimuth has been mentioned
already and I would just add that autoreverse decks are notorious for bad
azimuth. Each side has it's own adjustment and it sounds like side B is not
set right. I would also check the felt pads on your cassettes. Autoreverse
decks (Nak RX series excluded) need those pads to function correctly since
the heads are mounted between the pad, erase before it, rec\play after it.
בברכה,
שי דרורי. 0544-470-420
מומחה לשימור ודיגיטציה של נגטיבים אודיו וידאו ופילם 8-35ממ
Cheers
Shai Drori
Expert digitization services for Audio Video
3K scanning for film 8mm-35mm
Timeless Recordings Music Label
www.audiovideofilm.com
Tripadvisor level 6 contributor, level 15 restaurant expert