On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 20:40, Denenberg, Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The draft specification from 2012 has therefore been superseded
> and a revised EDTF Specification based on the revised 8601 is
> now available.

I mentioned this on Wikidata as something we might like to use on that project:

   https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Project_chat#Extended_Date/Time_Format_Specification
[1]

and another contributor there, David Hicks (User:Dhx1), has asked:

   whether alternative weather season systems such as those included
   within Indigenous Australian seasons [2][2b] and dry season [3][3b] /
   wet season [4][4b] been considered?

It seems to me that these could be included in a future edition of the
standard by extending the "Sub-year groupings" codes, thus:

Rain seasons:

42= Dry season
43 = Wet season

Yolngu seasons: