Andy Mabbett <[log in to unmask]>:

> and another contributor [on Wikidata], David Hicks (User:Dhx1), has asked:
>
>    whether alternative weather season systems such as those included
>    within Indigenous Australian seasons [2][2b] and dry season [3][3b] /
>    wet season [4][4b] been considered?
>
> It seems to me that these could be included in a future edition of the
> standard by extending the "Sub-year groupings" codes, thus:
>
> 42= Dry season
> 43 = Wet season
> [...]

I believe overloading the month field of CCYY-MM dates with new numeric values should be restricted to periods that cover complete Julian/Gregorian months or are strongly tied to them. Other seasons should use a different mechanism, probably a prefix letter.

Noongar seasons seem to be approximated by bimonths/sixth-years, starting with December. I have suggested systematic codes for those (and more) before, which would be: 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30.

<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT_o5MImxCsslpVZSMlXaPZn6BXknlCBAHec_1zXfmuVP_Wg8MmhQJGcZy9ArVJ6P9ZCn0ock2fA29i/pubhtml>