LoC Geography and GIS Colleagues,

Just wanted to remind all of you, for the last time, that the deadline for the American Association of Geographers early registration for the annual conference is quickly approaching as is the deadline for paper abstract submissions. Early bird registration is  now over and this year the conference base cost is $345.00 and will go up as the time of the conference gets closer. SO REGISTER NOW if you are planning on attending.

The paper abstract deadline is Oct 25th , with the Poster session deadline January 31st , so if you are thinking of submitting a possible paper, now is the time to register.

As you may know the AAG is in DC next year (2019), from April 3-7th , and our own, Dr. Carla Hayden, will be receiving the Atlas Award from the AAG and giving a keynote on April 5th at 12 PM. The Atlas Award was designed to recognize and celebrate outstanding accomplishments that advance world understanding in exceptional ways. Past winners include scholars and activists like Noam Chomsky and Jane Goodall.

http://news.aag.org/2018/08/carla-hayden-2019-aag-atlas-awardee-to-speak-in-d-c/

I will be part of a really timely session called 'Current and Future Directions of Geography's Role in Redistricting and Gerrymandering Studies,' with colleagues from Dartmouth, the MIT Election Lab, and the University of Arizona. https://aag.secure-abstracts.com/AAG%20Annual%20Meeting%202019/sessions-gallery/22796?

and I will also be chairing a roundtable called, Supercomputing and Evolutionary Algorithms in GIS: what does the future hold?

All the best.

John