I should have been more specific actually:

When $c is used with just a parenthetical qualifier, no comma is included after the forename.  Otherwise, commas would be used, as in:

100 1  Anderson, Karen, ǂc Dr.

100 1  Anderson, Jill, ǂc Ph. D.

100 0  Bors, ǂc the Younger (Legendary character)

100 1  Wallace, Leonard, ǂc Sir (Fictitious character)

--Adam

Adam Schiff

University of Washington Libraries