From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wilson, Pete
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Name/titles for an archtect

Yang, is what you have to catalog actually a collection of plans?

If it is instead a catalog featuring information about and pictures of buildings, I don’t think you really need any name-title entries.  I don’t think such a book contains reproductions of any works that should be entered under the architect’s name.  As the son of a consulting engineer, I am well indoctrinated that the architect is in no wise solely responsible for the creation of a building.  We might see this as analogous to not entering movies under the screenwriter or director’s name.

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University