Coding content type as "still image" only for art works as original manifestations and not for images of art works seems a bit extreme, like saying of a reproduction of Magritte's Ceci n'est pas une pipe that "This is not a picture, either." What is it then?

Maybe the art community should be lobbying instead for coding which would distinguish originals from reproductions at the manifestation level. The instructions at LC-PCC PS 27.1 for relating original to reproduced manifestations might also apply.

Stephen