Hello,

First time poster here, figured I would ask for advice. So you got to love when authors write under multiple names, it certainly keeps me on my toes. My problem is that sometimes I don’t have a source, for the pseudonym of the authority I am trying to establish, in the collection.  Here are my current problem children:

Johnson, Suzie not yet created

                Real name is Johnson, Susan Diane and the author has written two books under her real name. My source for creating Johnson, Suzie is:

Sweet mountain music, 2014:­ title page (Suzie Johnson) back cover (Susan (Suzie) Diane Johnson is the author of two contemporary novels, True North, and No Substitute. During the day, she is a cancer registrar at her local hospital. She lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest with her husband. She is part of a group blog, www.inkwellinspirations.com. You can visit her website at www.susandianejohnson.com.)

Could I use this same source to create an authority for Johnson, Susan Diane?

Curtis, Melinda (n 2004075256) undifferentiated record, creating a new record based off of Getting married again, c2004:­ t.p. (Melinda Curtis)

http://www.melindacurtis.net/about-melinda-6898

So Curtis, Melinda also writes books under Curtis, Mel (I am fairly confident that it is not the same as Curtis, Mel n 92119382) unfortunately none of the items in my collection under Curtis, Melinda mention that she also writes under Curtis, Mel. The only reason I even found out about it was because of her author website. So my question is what are my choices here in creating the pseudonym authority?

All help is appreciated,

Kristin Anderson

Technical Services Acquisitions Assistant

Paul Sawyier Public Library

319 Wapping St.

Frankfort, KY 40601

502-352-2665 ext. 203