Quoting from a November 20, 2017 note from Dave Reser to the PCC list:

As indicated in LC-PCC PS for 9.19.1.1:

“On rare occasions, a person requests that the formulation of their
authorized access point be changed (e.g., to remove a date of birth or a
fuller form of name). LC and PCC should attempt to honor such requests by
changing the appropriate fields in the record, and indicate in a note that
the person's preference has been followed.”

The mention of “appropriate fields” is intentional, as removing the date
(etc.) from a heading alone does not usually satisfy the request. I
recommend a 667 note to document this as well, in hopes of catching a
cataloger’s eye.

So I don't thing using the date anyway is a good solution. If the person is
making the request, the date information should be thoroughly removed from
the LCNAF record.

Note that RDA 9.19.1.8 is not pretty wide open in terms of what
parenthetical qualifiers can be added to an authorized name access point to
differentiate it. If you add "... $c (Ph. D.)", I think that would not
require that the added term be from usage as 1.19.1.7 would for "..., $c
Ph. D." Or (.... $c (Author of [title]), or some other expedient. But not
the date.

Stephen

Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota