Quoting from a November 20, 2017 note from Dave Reser to the PCC list:

As indicated in LC-PCC PS for 9.19.1.1:

“On rare occasions, a person requests that the formulation of their authorized access point be changed (e.g., to remove a date of birth or a fuller form of name). LC and PCC should attempt to honor such requests by changing the appropriate fields in the record, and indicate in a note that the person's preference has been followed.”

The mention of “appropriate fields” is intentional, as removing the date (etc.) from a heading alone does not usually satisfy the request. I recommend a 667 note to document this as well, in hopes of catching a cataloger’s eye.

So I don't thing using the date anyway is a good solution. If the person is making the request, the date information should be thoroughly removed from the LCNAF record.

Note that RDA 9.19.1.8 is not pretty wide open in terms of what parenthetical qualifiers can be added to an authorized name access point to differentiate it. If you add "... $c (Ph. D.)", I think that would not require that the added term be from usage as 1.19.1.7 would for "..., $c Ph. D." Or (.... $c (Author of [title]), or some other expedient. But not the date.

Stephen