The Library of Congress Network Development and Marc Standards Office (NDMSO) has released BIBFRAME Editor (bfe) v1.0.0 and BIBFRAME Profile Editor (profile-edit) v1.3.0.
The code may be downloaded from github as indicated below.
bfe v1.0.0 change notes:
- Profiles stored in database (verso) and accessed via REST API
- Support for marc2bibframe2 conversion via LC Metaproxy
- Adding fields not present in a profile
- Lookups (LC Subjects, Agents) support identifiers in addition to labels
- Import data from existing descriptions
- Verify/edit description URI
- Clone existing description
- Validation supported
profile-edit v.1.3.0 change notes:
- Profiles, ontologies, languages, templates stored in database (verso) and accessed via REST API
- PHP server functions no longer supported; replaced by API functions in recto or loopback api methods
- valid values for templates, languages, ontologies are supported via dropdowns
- data entry for uris and ids validated
- default values for both uris and literal values supported
- add regular expressions for validating literal values
bfe and profile-edit are submodules of Recto,
an ExpressJS-based web server, and supported by Verso, a Loopback-based REST API for lightweight storage of bf descriptions, and configuration.
A demonstration site to create and edit BIBFRAME metadata descriptions and editor profiles is also available at
BIBFRAME 2.0 Resources: