*** Cross-posted to multiple lists ***

VIVO 2019 Conference Planning Task Force is excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be
Dr. Herbert Van de Sompel.

Herbert Van de Sompel graduated in Mathematics and Computer Science at Ghent University (Belgium), and in 2000 obtained a Ph.D. in Communication Science there. He is currently Chief Innovation Officer at Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS) in The Netherlands. He has previously held positions as head of Library Automation at Ghent University, Visiting Professor in Computer Science at Cornell University, Director of e-Strategy and Programmes at the British Library, and information scientist at the Research Library of the Los Alamos National Laboratory where he was the team leader of the Prototyping Team.

´╗┐Herbert has played a major role in creating the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH), the Open Archives Initiative Object Reuse & Exchange specifications (OAI-ORE), the OpenURL Framework for Context-Sensitive Services (ANSI/NISO Z39.88-2004), the SFX linking server, the bX scholarly recommender service, info URI (RFC 4452), Open Annotation (W3C Community Group specification), ResourceSync (ANSI/NISO Z39.99-2014), Memento "time travel for the Web" (RFC 7089), Robust Links, and Signposting the Scholarly Web.

VIVO 2019 Conference will be held in Podgorica, Montenegro at the Hilton Hotel from September 4-6, 2019. For more information about the conference and Montenegro, the beautiful country on the Adriatic Coast, please read the initial announcement.

Picture by Elena Giglia
Violeta Ilik and Ruben Verborgh, on behalf of the VIVO 2019 Conference Planning Task Force
This message is being sent from DuraSpace: proud home of the Fedora, DSpace, VIVO and CASRAI projects. If you are receiving this message from DuraSpace, it is our understanding that you have at one point expressed interest in it, and provided us with your contact details. If this is not the case and you would like to stop receiving our messages simply follow the 'unsubscribe' link found at the bottom.

We are confident that we are only sending messages to people that want to receive them and will continue to guard your privacy as we bring you the latest updates on the DuraSpace communities.
DuraSpace | 9450 SW Gemini Drive #79059, Beaverton, OR 97008
Unsubscribe [log in to unmask]
About our service provider
Sent by [log in to unmask]