I’m a believer in “real world facts” about *real* people.

I think there’s a fallacy here in believing that 1) we always know if an identity pseudonymous or not, and 2) that the information we gather about identities is always true.

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gemberling, Ted P
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Describing pseudonyms/real identities

Let me add a little to what I said. Of course catalogs should have information about the fictional work like what historical period it covers, whether it’s a romantic story, and so on. Patrons will want to know if something belongs to a particular genre and what kind of things it touches. But they don’t need to know the author was born in a certain year or lives in Ireland.

Ted