Correction.

410 2  LABOR (Universidade Federal do Ceará. Laboratório de Estudos do Trabalho e Qualificação  Profissional)

Yang

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Yang Wang
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] LCSH/NAF cross-references

In our Voyager system, I noticed this problem a while ago. The oddity is not new, but I think it’s worth mentioning from time to time. An LC subject search under Labor in Voyager gives me this screen:

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

When a heading in NAF (be it a personal name, corporate body, geographic name, series/serial/uniform title heading, etc.) is an exact match of an LCSH term, it seems to me that adding a qualifier would suffice to avoid such embarrassing cross-references:

430 #0 Labor (Instituto de Formação Social e do Trabalho (Portugal))
430 #0 Labor (Milan, Italy)
410 #0 LABOR (Universidade Federal do Ceará. Laboratório de Estudos do Trabalho e Qualificação  Profissional)

Maybe it’s just PUL’s local Voyager that has this problem? Any comments or suggestions?

Best regards,

Yang