As a longtime lurker on this list, I'd like to add my thanks to David for
his moving and eloquent tribute.  I didn't know Don--I only exchanged a
handful of emails with him over the years--but I have benefited
incalculably from his important research on the history of calypso and from
the many excellent compilations of early recorded Trinidadian music that he
oversaw.  His death is a loss to the small community of calypso
researchers, but in his humanity and generosity, he left us all a rich
legacy.

Michael Eldridge
Professor, Department of English <http://www.humboldt.edu/english/>
Advisor, International Studies
<http://www.humboldt.edu/wlc/international/index.html> Program
(emphasis in Global Cultural Studies
<http://www.humboldt.edu/wlc/international/c%20in%20global%20cultural%20studies.html>
)
Founders Hall 168
Humboldt State University
Arcata CA 95521
707.826.5906 (ph) | 707.826.5939 (fx)

users.humboldt.edu/mseldridge

"Sir, I have found you an argument, but I am not obliged to find you an
understanding."  --Samuel Johnson