Paul's point is well taken. A digital speed readout renders the whole line frequency issue moot. But, if you don't have a digital readout, I strongly recommend the KAB SpeedStrobe:

Go to this page:

https://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/

Click on Accessories and scroll down until you find the SpeedStrobe, then click on that link. The SpeedStrobe has markings for most standard "78" speeds, plus 33 1/3 and 45. It comes with a hand-held LED light source, which digitally generates a precise 60 Hz illumination, so it can be used anywhere, regardless of the native line frequency. The LED is bright red and cuts through any amount of ambient light in the room.

As Crazy Eddie used to say, "Get it NOW!"

Best,
Gary

Gary Galo
Audio Engineer Emeritus
The Crane School of Music
SUNY at Potsdam, NY 13676

Arnold Schoenberg

Igor Markevitch

"If you design an audio system based on the premise that nothing is audible,
on that system nothing will be audible."
G. Galo