From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gary A. Galo
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 8:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] corrupted WAV files

Hi John,

I think Corey is on to it. Try this:

Use a short file that you know is good for test purposes. It can be short - a minute or so. Copy the data in the corrupt file, as before, but this time paste it to the end of the test file. Save it to a new file name and look to see if the new file size reflects the combined data. If it does, you may be OK. Now, just delete the test portion of the new file, save it, and see if the file size seems right.

Best,
Gary

Gary Galo
Audio Engineer Emeritus
The Crane School of Music
SUNY at Potsdam, NY 13676

Arnold Schoenberg

Igor Markevitch

"If you design an audio system based on the premise that nothing is audible,
on that system nothing will be audible."
G. Galo