On Jan 20, 2019 2:49 PM, RSC Secretary <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

With warm thanks to CC:DA for the use of their Monday meeting time and space, members of the RDA Steering Committee will present a series of talks on RDA topics of recent interest.


A Deeper Dive Into RDA

January 28, 2019

8:30 am 11:30 am

Hyatt Regency Seattle

Elwha A (Jr. Ballroom West A)

[during the Monday morning CC:DA meeting time]


Presentations topics will include: the nomen entity; the RDA appellation elements; the RDA/ONIX Framework; the implementation of relationship elements; application profiles and policy statements; and future communication processes from cataloging communities to the RSC.


The presenters include: Thomas Brenndorfer, NARDAC Representative to the RSC; Gordon Dunsire, RSC Technical Team Liaison Officer; Kathy Glennan, RSC Chair; Kate James, RDA Examples Editor; and James Hennelly, Director, ALA Digital Reference.


Presentations will be recorded and posted on the RSC website following the Midwinter conference.


This session focuses on RDA content, and does not duplicate the RDA Forum and the RDA Linked Data Forum:

RDA Update Forum

Saturday, January 26th - 10:30am - 11:30am
Location: WSCC - TCC - Yakima 1

The RDA Update Forum will report on the schedule for the completion of the 3R Project and recent activities of the RDA Steering Committee and the North American RDA Committee. Dominique Bourassa, Thomas Brenndorfer, Kathy Glennan, and James Hennelly will make presentations. Time will be reserved for a Q&A session as well.

RDA Linked Data Forum

Monday, January 28th - 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location: WSCC - Room 3B

Gordon Dunsire will discuss the impact of the 3R project on the RDA infrastructure, including the changes to the RDA vocabularies and the registry and the use of GitHub. Time will be reserved for a Q&A session.


Best -- Linda


Linda Barnhart

Secretary, RDA Steering Committee