I don't know whether it would fit with what you're approaching, but I
recently published an article on EAD and linked data -- both EAD3 and going
back to EAD 2002.
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/15332748.2017.1400725

There's also a copy available in the Penn State IR although I've been
wanting to redo how I did page numbers, so ping me and I'll get on that if
you need to use it.