From: Steve Smolian
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Selling digital files for downloading

Is anyone selling downloads of digital files of old recordings through
independent third party services?

I'm particularly interested in such services available to U.S. citizens
outside the U.S.

I just read through a summary of the English copyright law and, unless I
misread it, everything 1948 and before is now public domain there.  It seems
to say that even if you are a citizen of another country, the copyright law
of that country only applies up to the end of period of the relevant English
law.

Is there a template to aid in listing such items?

I'm not a lawyer, just a greedy fellow.  Any other greedy folks out there
with information?  Names of services?  Experiences?  Payment issues?

Steve Smolian