Ray et al:

Thank you to both the BIBFRAME mailing list and the LC BIBFRAME team for
taking this seriously.

> Still, bibframe does not preclude declaring that a particular URI is an
identifier for a particular resource (although we would still welcome a use
case).

ISSNs have had dereferenceable URIs for almost two years now (
https://www.issn.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ISSN-LinkedDataApplicationProfile-v0_9.pdf).
Does the requirement to quote the ISSN URI as a string when used as the
bf:Issn object of bf:identifiedBy hold true?

Thanks,
Dan

P.S. In a side channel, Sarven Capadisli pointed me at the 2017 document
https://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/QuotingURIs.html which describes a
rationale for quoting URIs in certain situations, where owl:sameAs may
result in two different URIs no longer being distinguished properly. I
found this helpful, although I don't think it comes into play here, as
bf:identifiedBy does not make any owl:sameAs assertions that would trigger
the detrimental outcomes outlined in the design note.