I'm only the messenger and have no information regarding this posting. Please feel free to share with any interested parties.
02/04/2019 to 02/25/2019
$61,642 to $80,138 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Tucson, AZ1 vacancy
Relocation expenses reimbursed
This job is open to
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees - Excepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
Clarification from the agency
Current Permanent Federal Employees Only!!
The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System is currently recruiting for one (1) Librarian to be assigned to the Staff Development, Education and Training Service Line. The primary role of the incumbent formulates
and executes plans and procedures for acquiring library materials, both foreign and domestic, in accordance with mission needs, pertinent regulations, and current research and development trends.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate cooperative funding efforts with other Federal agencies i.e. developing interagency agreements of other implementing documentation as required, and interacting with officials of those agencies
at appropriate decision-making levels.
- Coordinate development, testing and implementation of new modules to expand the capability of the basic system (e.g. CD-ROM and other database publishing linkages, report writing, full text storage and retrieval),
telecommunications and networking capabilities for interface with other library systems and access to the in-house network to users at remote sites.
- Prepare functional specification for new or ongoing software and hardware acquisition, developing, and maintenance contracts.
- Coordinate evolution of the integrated library system used at the library with system designers, analysts, programmers, and library automation specialists.
- Define functional parameters to be incorporated into the system to maintain state-of-the art capabilities (e.g. full Boolean search capability, full authority control, support for multiple record types),
and to assure adherence with national library and VA automation standards.
- Provide substantive advice on long-range planning and budgeting for automated systems and services.
- Initiate/recommend local policy for classification and cataloging, both subject and descriptive of all library materials regardless of format (monographs, documents, technical reports, microfilms, audio
visual or computer).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Librarian~/11843O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required