Apologies for cross-posting...
LAC Group seeks an Assistant Project Manager (Searchers) for a federal agency located in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time (40 hours a week; Monday-Friday) benefited contract position. The Assistant Project Manager will assist with the management of one or more projects, tasks or task orders. He/she will provide direction, training, and oversight to assigned work groups.
- Assist with all activities related to staffing such as recruitment, orientation, training, staff production, counseling, remediation, evaluations and performance appraisals, and voluntary or involuntary separation.
- Ensure maximum effectiveness in the use of resources.
- Contribute to formal initiatives such as search or training initiatives.
- Assist PM and DPM with the development and implementation of plans to address workload spikes.
- Communicate client expectations on performance standards to contract staff. Provides motivation/instruction for staff to achieve performance standards.
- Assist the PM and the DPM with new initiatives or projects and with the development of innovative management solutions for the client.
- Meet routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week. Assists the PM with communicating to the client that new projects or initiatives fall within negotiated level of effort.
- Compile and QC all statistical reports. Develops and updates procedural manuals. Provides input for reports and for other deliverables.
- Provide input to the PM and the DPM concerning performance standards.
- Provide input, planning support and implementation support for marketing and outreach activities and for informal and formal events with client and staff.
- Assistant Manager for the agency’s large training program assisting the Project Manager with ensuring that training support is maintained for critical agency programs.
- Maintain overall readiness of program members to ensure quality instruction.
- Manage the training program, including training for new hires and training for all instructors on new software and systems.
- Develop and enforce the certification process.
- Manage a Knowledge management program to ensure old and new knowledge generated by the program is captured in a meaningful way and is retrievable as a means to transfer knowledge between program members and for new recruits.
- Meet routinely with the Government and contract staff. Preparation for, attendance at, and follow-up for these meetings may absorb as much as 50% of the average week.
- Assists the PM and DPM with confirming that new projects or initiatives fall with-in LOE (level of effort). Communicates client expectations to contract staff.
- Master’s degree in Library Science a must.
- Must have management, supervisory or relevant leadership experience.
- Knowledge of patent searching.
- 3 years of search expertise handling complex search requests.
- Deep knowledge of searching techniques and resources provided by large commercial database vendors such as Dialog and/or STN.
To apply, please visit: https://lac.gp/2GJ0Luz
The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender.