Thanks, Guy!

LAL is clearly on my front burner right now ... but after I sent that I
realized that it was a down-in-the-weeds suggestion... And I'm also mindful
that a handful of state cfbs don't do LAL ... so perhaps that should be a
breakout session or even a virtual meeting in advance of the June
gathering?

As a large group, I hope we find space for a visioning discussion, talking
about how we can think strategically about the state center for the book
network, setting goals that will help us push together toward shared goals,
etc.  How might we develop and promote more effectively our role in the
Parade of States at NBF, for example?  Is there a way that we might create
a shared calendar of events that each of us could point to from our own
sites?  We've tried developing new joint programs, but given that the
lion's share of us are understaffed and overtaxed, I'd like to think about
how we can take what we already do and maximize effects.

I also wonder if we might want to think about adding a poster session
segment to the agenda as a way to offer opportunities for individual state
centers to present about specific programs. I find these sorts of sessions
really terrific at other meetings I attend.

~ sharon

*********
Sharon Shaloo, Executive Director
Mass Center for the Book