The DCM Z1 100 instruction sheet has guidance on the order of subfields in the 100 and says $d should always be at the end except when $c (Spirit) is included, which should be put at the end.

Adam Schiff
University of Washington Libraries

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Hostage, John <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 11:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Multiple Professions/Occupations/Fields of Activity in Personal Name Access Point

While I agree that there should have been just one $c, I think (Writer on on industrial laws and legislation) would have been sufficient.  (Law teacher) provides no added value.

Another issue is the order of subfields when a name requires the addition of both a date and an occupation.  This happens frequently with Chinese names, and in fact there are a number of people named Wang Wei with both, but they have the date after the occupation.  I think the occupation should come last, like we do with (Spirit).

John Hostage
Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger
Langdell Hall 194
Harvard Law School Library