From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moore, Richard
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:26 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Establishing person with nickname

The way you describe is how I’d do it. I’d choose as the 100 whichever form appeared, on the evidence, to be the form by which he was most commonly known.

I can remember having discussions about this in the mists of antiquity, but can’t point to a specific instruction. I guess you could say he was known as Charles Grimm, and as Buckey Grimm, but nobody ever really called him Charles “Buckey” Grimm.

Regards
Richard

Richard Moore
Authority Control Team Manager