Thank you everyone

Issue marked as  'solved;

Cheers

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM MacKenzie Haring Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Jesse,

It can't be controlled as a title because it's not a title--it's a series-like phrase. It should be quoted in a 500 note in the bib record, not be in a 490/830.

-----
MacKenzie Haring Smith
Monographs Cataloger/DBM Liaison
University of Georgia Libraries
(706) 542-0590

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jesse Lambertson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 12:08:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Routledge Focus (130) no2016122463

Right, of course. you are speaking the truth (thank you)

I think I am asking why the title can not be controlled as a title?

I am wondering what's causing it...

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 12:04 PM Kevin M Randall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The Name element (Undifferentiated personal name code = 008/32) is coded as "n" because the string "Routledge Focus" is tagged as a title; it is not tagged as a personal name. This element pertains only to personal names, not to corporate/meeting names or titles. This is documented at https://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ad008.html

Kevin M. Randall

Principal Serials Cataloger

Northwestern University Libraries

Northwestern University