* Apologies for the cross-posting *

The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University is comprised of nine libraries and the Fine Arts Gallery, as well as service departments in technical services, scholarly communications, IT infrastructure, and digital scholarship. We seek to create a welcoming environment and serve as a partner in research and scholarship. The libraries are dynamic places for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to reflect and discover. We also strive to be a workplace in which staff at every level continuously grow in knowledge and skills, staying abreast of advances and trends in librarianship to power relevant, vibrant research libraries.

The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries are fundamental to the university’s goal of advancing scholarship and learning. We collect, preserve and make accessible a wide variety of resources, we partner with faculty and students to shape research, and we encourage the development of informed scholars and engaged citizens.

The Librarian for Digital Collections Support will be a part of the Library Technology & Digital Services (LTDS) team. As part of the LTDS team, this position will assist in supporting and developing applications for the Vanderbilt libraries.  This position provides support for digital collections and projects, including the integrated library system (Alma).

Duties and Responsibilities

Provide technology and programming support for digital collections including

Collaborate with groups in the library to improve metadata and discoverability

Provide support for Cataloging/Metadata modules in Alma

Provide general technical support for staff in the library

Other duties as assigned

Profile of an Ideal Candidate

For more information and to apply:

https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900219

Jamen McGranahan

Librarian for Application Services, Library Technology and Digital Services

Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries, Vanderbilt University

he/his/him