From a look at some well known gangster Ma Barker and Jelly Nash are done in slightly different ways:

1001 Nash, Frank, 1887-1933.
4001 Nash, Jelly, 1887-1933.
4001 Harrison, Frank, 1887-1933.
4001 Miller, Frank, 1887-1933.
4001 Miller, George W., 1887-1933.

670  Callahan, C. C. Heritage of an outlaw, c1979 (subj.) ǂb t.p. (Frank Nash) p. 157 (b. 2/6/1887) p. 159 (d. 6/17/33; married wife under name of George W. Miller) p. 58 (used names of Frank Harrison, Frank Miller) passim (known by nickname of Jelly)

or

1001 Barker, Ma, 1872-1935.
4001 Barker, Arizona Donnie, 1872-1935.
4001 Barker, Kate, 1872-1935.
400 Ma Barker, 1872-1935.

Not sure if either or which are right since I don't do these too often either, but this came to mind.

Meagan Kellom

--
Meagan Kellom
Archival Collections Cataloger