Greetings,

I am a graduate student working on my masters at the University of
Massachusetts Boston in American Studies. I am beginning a project
regarding Sam Phillip's radio station, WHER, the first all-women radio
station in the United States. It first went on air in 1955, broadcasted out
of a Holiday Inn (the third to be built) in Memphis and went off the air by
the early 1970s. It was managed by both Phillips and Kemmons Wilson (the
founder of Holiday Inn). I have read the transcripts for NPR's multi-part
documentary on the station, but was wondering if anyone could point me to
materials or areas for further research that I should look into. Any

Please send information to [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Mary Hollyman