Hello Jessie,

Not long ago I processed the Irving Teibel papers, held by the Rodgers and
Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound at The New York Public Library for
the Performing Arts. Teibel was the founder of Syntonic Research Inc.
records. The finding aid for the collection is not yet online, so I will
supply the abstract below. If you would like to read the scope and content
notes, email me offlist and I can supply. But in short, there is a great
deal of unreleased audio present, including rain and thunderstorms in
various neighborhoods of Manhattan, from the mid-late 60s and early 70s.
However the collection is not yet open for research, and even after it
opens, the sound recording portion may not yet have been digitized. But
research queries may cause those recordings to jump up the digitization
queue. Inquire at the Music Division for more information:

Irving Teibel papers, 1950s-2011

Abstract:
Irving Teibel (1938-2010) was a sound engineer and photographer,
best known for his field recordings of natural sounds which he released
as the Environments series of long-playing records on his own
Syntonic Research Inc. label. Teibel's papers, dating from the 1950s
to 2011, document his work as a sound engineer, business owner, and
photographer/designer. They consist of audio recordings, the files of
Syntonic Research Inc., and Teibel's photography and designs.
--

Matt Snyder | The New York Public Library

Archivist

Special Collections

Library Services Center

31-11 Thomson Avenue, Rm. 202, Long Island City, NY 11101

T: 917.229.9582 | matthewsnyder <http://goog_214053846>@nypl.org