Hi Ben,
I have owned a fair number of Deanna Durbin Decca discs pressed by E.M.I.
in Australia on laminated stock.
Quite a few of them looked in fine condition but sounded mildly distorted
and fuzzy. I've assumed that probably these were pressings from worn
stampers. Particularly during WW2 I think they stretched the usefulness of
stampers in Australia to save on money and materials. What was quality
control of pressings like in the US during the war?
Best Wishes
Mike Quinn