Dear list,

The Wire Recordings Subcommittee of the ARSC Technical Committee is
gathering information on holdings of wire recordings in the U.S. Our
ultimate goal is the preservation of content with long-term value that is
carried on this format. Our working assessment is that the development of a
modern, preservation-quality playback machine is necessary for high-quality
digitization, but there is a relatively small number of wires extant. This
survey is one way in which we are trying to determine if data on holdings
supports this assessment. If you have wires, please complete this survey.
There are eight questions and it should not take more than 5 minutes to
complete, assuming that you have basic information at hand.

Please complete the survey at the link below:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JCGC99F

--
Melissa Widzinski
Member-at-large, ARSC board