This is a link to a current discussion on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thejazzman/  there is a post by Paul B Adams
about cleaning acetates/lacquers-Mickey Clark

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Gillett
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Linseed Oil tape contamination

Hi,

I've been given a few acetate 7"   1/4" tapes which  by the smell of them
(as a child I used to oil my cricket bat with it) appear to have linseed oil
on them, to varying degrees and probably there for many years. The oil has
dried to a glue. Sand has adhered to the tapes in spots. The tapes have been
stored in cardboard boxes which are partially soaked in the oil as if having
sat flat in a shallow puddle of oil.

General (non tape) instructions I found online mentioned removing linseed
oil with acetone and ethanol as solvents. I applied some acetone to a short,
blank section of tape and the tape was dissolved almost instantly. Does
anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks,

Tim Gillett
Perth,
Western Australia