Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

Hi,

I've been given a few acetate 7"   1/4" tapes which  by the smell of them (as a child I used to oil my cricket bat with it) appear to have linseed oil on them, to varying degrees and probably there for many years. The oil has dried to a glue. Sand has adhered to the tapes in spots. The tapes have been stored in cardboard boxes which are partially soaked in the oil as if having sat flat in a shallow puddle of oil.

General (non tape) instructions I found online mentioned removing linseed oil with acetone and ethanol as solvents. I applied some acetone to a short, blank section of tape and the tape was dissolved almost instantly. Does anyone have experience with this problem?

Thanks,

Tim Gillett
Perth,
Western Australia