Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, March 14th from 1:30 to 2:30 pm ET for a free training session entitled "Legislative History Research on Lexis Advance," part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Lexis Advance delivers legal and legislative content within a single intuitive interface that includes: pre- and post-filters, folders for storing and sharing, research history, alerts and 24/7 customer support. Lexis Advance includes exclusive tools such as integrated results from the open Web where users can search the open Web along with content from Lexis simultaneously; and a visual and intuitive interface that enables the user to store search history, save recent and favorite filters, access work folders, set up alerts and access customer service. Attendees to this training program will learn how to use the Lexis Advance legal and legislative database to find materials needed to complete a legislative history. Learn how to access publications like the U.S. Statutes at Large, Congressional Record, and House and Senate Reports, to find specific documents used to determine the intent behind a piece of legislation. This class will be taught by a LexisNexis trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the DOI Library is located in Room 1151 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building, just off the C Street entrance lobby. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program in the Library is limited so please go to the following link to register:

If the link above does not work at your location, you may also register by using our contact form at https://www.doi.gov/library/interior-library-contact-form.

We do prefer that you attend in person here at the DOI Library if you can.   However, please note that this class is also being offered as a simultaneous online webinar for those that can't attend in person.  When you register, please indicate the name of the program you wish to attend and if you need information about webinar access.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on March 14th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796