Team,

I have a few responses to recent conversations on our listserv and thought I’d streamline (not spam) emails with a combination response:

  1. In regards of sharing the LAL winning letters with authors, I appreciate y’all’s ideas! I’ve started tweeting to the author and publisher every year. It’s exciting when Rick Riordan retweets!
  2. Veteran Program/Resources: We do a statewide community read every two years. Our theme for 2017 was Read Across Texas: The Veteran Experience. If y’all wanted to see those resources, we keep the site up: https://www.tsl.texas.gov/readacrosstexas/veteranexperience and I must say that we modeled our program after Cal Humanities and The California Center for the Book’s “War Comes Home” initiative. (Thanks again, CA for all your support!)
  3. Finally, we just launched our Read Across Texas “Know Your Neighbor” for this year. If y’all are interested in attending our “how to” webinar on Tuesday (or just receiving the recording) here are the details.

Finally, thank you Guy and team for the stipend support. It is MUCH appreciated!

Warmly,

Rebekah

Rebekah Manley, MFA

Coordinator | Texas Center for the Book

1201 Brazos Street | Austin, TX 78701

Please connect on Facebook

Join our Read Across Texas - Know Your Neighbor: Cultivating Communities of Compassion!

logos-cftb-tslac

Currently reading: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah