Hi Guy,

The South Dakota Center for the Book is not itself a 501(c)3, but the South Dakota Humanities Council, where I'm housed, is. We frequently apply for grants (government, corporate, etc.) that help fund CFB programs using the SDHC's designation, so it's definitely useful in that way.

Jennifer Widman
http://sdhumanities.org/festival-of-books/

From: Center for the Book state centers communication <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lamolinara, Guy
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 8:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: are you a 501(c)3?

All-I have been discussing with a contact at the National Endowment for the Arts on how affiliated centers could apply for programming grants. You have to be a 501, I was told.

Can you tell me whether you are or are not a 501(c)3?

As I mentioned the last time we met, I want to organize the centers into regions, to encourage more collaboration, but I was also thinking these regional groupings might be organized as a 501, in order for them to apply for NEA funding.

Please let me know your thoughts as well re becoming or being (if you already are) a 501.

I want to invite NEA to make a presentation on applying for grant funding.

Thanks,
Guy