Hello,

We are trying to find a place in the METS structMap divs to put UUIDs referring to unique physical objects that have been digitized (like a barcode for the physical object) and CONTENTIDS seems like a good element to use (since the ID element is only supposed to refer to links internal to the METS, right?) but I’d like to see an example of the CONTENTIDS values. The type is URI, not string.

Anyone adding this type of information to your METS documents and could share where you’ve added it?

Thanks,

~Teresa Soleau

Digital Preservation & Library Systems Manager

Collection & Content Management Systems

J. Paul Getty Trust
1200 Getty Center Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049-1688