Are you sure "Levy, Bill, $d 1930-" isn't responsible for all three books on the undifferentiated authority? One, The Knockoff, is a 1995 novel, but this account of the novel indicates its author published eight previous non-fiction works and has a connection to Cleveland, where the sports writer Bill Levy published several books, including two about Cleveland teams. The other two titles on the undifferentiated authority are sports books. It's at least plausible (and to me persuasive) that these are all by the same person.

I agree that revising the AAP on the differentiated authority for "Levy, William V." to "Levy, Bill, $d 1930-" is the way to go as part of updating it to RDA. I'd probably move all three 670s from the undifferentiated authority to this one and add "400 Levy, William V., $d 1930-"

That leaves two former AAPs, the two names without dates. I'd be okay with adding "Levy, William V. $w nnea" (suppressed because it's too redundant in a public index with 'Levy, William V., $d 1930-"), but for such a common name, I'd be reluctant to add "400 Levy, Bill", even believing that the only authorized use of that heading may have been for one person. The chances of another undated Bill Levy on bib records getting snared by such a 400 are pretty strong.

I'd also add the "667 Formerly on undifferentiated name record: no 95043726" and ask LC to delete the undifferentiated authority.

Stephen