I need a qualifier for a personal name to break a conflict. The person is currently a PhD candidate in East Asian Studies at a university and has co-authored a Chinese textbook. He might have taught Chinese as an AI or lecturer,  so $c (Chinese teacher) would work, but the information is merely inferred from the resource, not proven.

As an alternative, I was just wondering  if $c (Scholar of East Asian Studies) or $c (Scholar of Chinese language) might be safer to use.

Web3’s definition of a scholar (see definition 2a): “one who by long systematic study (as in a university) has gained a high degree of mastery in one or more of the academic disciplines.”

Yang