Please respond by Friday, March 15, 2019.

We invite you to participate in study of open access policies in academic libraries tentatively titled, “Open Access as a Collections Strategy: Policy or Happenstance?” This study seeks to establish the extent to which OA is written into academic library policies.

We expect this survey to take approximately ten to fifteen minutes to complete. This survey is anonymous and entirely voluntary; you may exit at any point. Although you will not receive any direct benefit for participating, we anticipate that this study will reveal current practices, benefits, and limitations of OA policies in academic libraries. This instrument was submitted to local Institutional Review Board (IRB), and was determined not to require IRB approval or review.

https://memphis.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E2xo0O8nReiQHr

Please contact the co-investigators with any questions or concerns:

Caitlin Harrington [log in to unmask]

Rachel Scott [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Rachel

Rachel E. Scott | she / her / hers

ILS Librarian | Associate Professor, University Libraries

Interim Coordinator | Cataloging, Collection Management, & Systems

Co-editor-in-chief | Music Reference Services Quarterly

[log in to unmask]" alt="UofM logo">

The University of Memphis
308 McWherter Library
Memphis, TN 38152